Seeking men and women called to stand in the gap and cry out for
truth, hope and transformation. Be a voice that empowers others to live
in the fullness of God’s plan for their gender and sexuality. 15-20
hours a week
Intercessory Internship seeks to:
- Impart the core values of Desert Stream/Living Waters Ministries. These include: intimacy with God, confession, intercession, fasting, listening prayer, further personal healing through community, service of and greater exposure to the whole Body of Christ.
- Help the intern deal with sin and wounding, as well as the discovery of the gift that (s)he is.
- Educate and grow intern through personal mentoring, and extensive times of group and personal intercession.
- Impart leadership values of Desert Stream Ministries/Living Waters
through participation in DSM/LW groups and intercession activities.
Intercessory Interns may also participate in the week-long US Living
We believe each intern will:
- Deepen their personal relationship with God.
- Discern, develop and strengthen their spiritual gift and calling.
- Refine their intercession skills especially for: the sexually and relationally broken, those exploring alternate gender identities and those who love them, and the Church.
How Do We Choose Our Intercessory Interns?
We give priority to applicants who feel a specific call to healing ministry and intercession, have
participated in a DSM/LW program, or have attended the Desert Stream
Leadership/Living Waters Training. We consider applicants based on the
strength of their personal life of prayer, pastoral and personal
Please note: A face to face interview with the intern applicant is required, whether in person (optimal) or via Skype.
What is the Intercessory Internship like? What exactly is involved?
Interns are involved in a significant number of
Desert Stream/Living Waters ministries staff prayer times. This includes
participation in staff intercession a minimum of two mornings a week,
one-two afternoon prayer times as well as several weekly personal
intercession times, hours TBD. The intern will work closely with the
Director of Intercession, and will meet bi-weekly with the intern
directors for personal growth and reflection.
Groups and Gatherings:
During the year, interns play an important part in Desert
Stream/Living Waters conferences and training. This includes interceding
for these events, praying for others, and basic administrating of
events. Their involvement may include sharing their testimonies and
The office is open Monday-Thursday, 8:30am-4:30pm. Each intern’s
schedule is worked out with the Intern Directors. Intercessory Interns
work and pray a minimum of 15-20 hours a week.